Wildlife-related Nursery Rhymes for Babies and Toddlers

Wildlife Nursery Rhymes

One of the best ways babies can be introduced to wildlife is through nursery rhymes. These simple little songs develop your babies interest in the natural world and encourage a familiarity with wildlife. They’re great for literacy and communication skills too! Many children still love to hear these little ditties well into their early school years.

Here are a few of our favourite wildlife-related nursery rhymes in a printable format.

Click here to download.

Kate from Picklebums has adorable hand puppet printables, perfect for two important rhymes I’ve missed on the Wildlife Rhyme sheet. Check out her five little ducks and five green frogs printable. Why not take a look around her website too; there’s plenty of other great content to look at.

Google+ContactRSSTwitterPinterestFacebookSign up Image Map

Comments

1. kirri says

Nursery rhymes. My twins had a “learn 10 nursery rhymes” day at prep a month or so ago. It was fun to observe how much they had learnt and how engaged they were by the rhymes and songs. Is it ok to admit that now..listening to them all bellow “1, 2, 3, 4 5….” ten times in a row, some of the appeal is now lost?

The print out is great though!

• pawhitehouse says

Yep, I can understand how it looses its appeal. I’m lucky that I don’t mind belting out a tune with Squeak and Prr over and over again. I have to enjoy it while I can because as soon as Miss Possum comes by I’m not allowed to sing anymore. I use to sing in the car too but I’ve been reduced to humming because Miss Possum won’t let me sing there either.

2. Grace Titioka says

Well, “Iny Wincy…” is a big Aussie favourite, isn’t it ?
    Here in our household, “1, 2, 3, 4, 5″ is also a big hit…especially when we need to try and distract them during nappy change. Thanks for putting all these beautiful nursery rhymes in one beautiful print out :)

3. pawhitehouse says

Yes and ” Incy Wincy..” is good because it’s not a song that makes children scared of spiders like others do. A nice positive spider ditty!

4. Susan Stephenson says

I would add Little Arabella Miller. Do you know it? Twinkle Twinkle Tune (ish)
    Little Arabella Miller
    Found a hairy caterpillar,
    First it crawled upon her mother,
    Then upon her baby brother.
    All said, “Arabella Miller,
    Take away that caterpillar!”

I don’t think it’s anti-wildlife. In my humble opinion, those hairy grubs are better off outside, not on people!

• pawhitehouse says

Cute rhyme! I agree better off outside BUT Miss possum did hold a caterpillar on her hand today and she didn’t want to take it off! We found him in a baby spinach packet. Poor little thing. I’m glad we didn’t eat him.