Wildlife Fun 4 Kids aim to:
- Help parents who have little-rangers-to-be find activities to foster their love of the natural environment and wildlife.
- Convince you that saving wildlife and their habitat can start by helping children to engage in meaningful activities with and about wildlife and nature.
- Remind you that wildlife is everywhere and not just a visit to your local zoo!
- Encourage you and your family to get outside and experience the wonders of the natural world.
- Provide you with lots of crafty ways to immerse learning about wildlife and nature in your daily life.
When I was a kid I was always in trouble.
Not for the usual malarkey like writing on walls or breaking family heirlooms. I liked to collect animals. Baby pigeons, lizards, mice, guinea pigs, cats, and dogs would all somehow make their way into my house. I knew I would get a scolding as soon as they were found in my room. I also knew I would not be allowed to keep them hidden from my mum for long, but I had fun trying!
Eventually, I decided that if I was still collecting animals despite getting into trouble; I might as well think of it as a career option. My passion to become a zoo keeper was born. Armed with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Wildlife Biology and a Grad Diploma of Education – I’ve now been a zoo keeper for five years and a Wildlife Education Officer for three. ‘Never work with kids and animals’ they say, but the person who spread that rumor, just didn’t want you to know how awesome it is!
Yup…I’m one of those annoying people who enjoys their job, and as a wildlife education officer, I have successfully managed to combine my two loves, wildlife and teaching.
When I’m not hanging out like Bindi Irwin, I tend to my own flock – Miss Possum, who’s six and my twinkles, Miss Platypus and Miss Panda , who are three years old. Oh, I have a wonderful husband, too.
Somewhat of a bookworm, I prefer milk chocolate to dark and snail mail to social media. I’m also crazy as a Galah about all things strawberry - coloured, flavoured and scented. I hope you and your kids will enjoy hanging out on Wildlife Fun 4 Kids site and if you have any requests or questions you can contact me on email@example.com
You can follow WF4K here: