I’m a sucker for nature craft at the moment and Miss Possum is really interested in bees. So, what did we make yesterday? We made bumble bees using items we took from nature!
Make these Bumble Bees
What you’ll need:
- Casuarina seed pods
- Dry leaves
- Paint (yellow, black and white)
- A good craft glue
How to make them:
1. Glue the casuarina seed pod into the top of the gumnut. It should fit in the gumnut hole perfectly.
2. Paint yellow and black stripes on the gumnut and paint the casuarina seed pod black too.
3. Paint two little white eyes on the casuarina seed pod.
4. Gently paint over the leaves in white paint, so that you can still see the veins of the leaves.
5. When the paint is dry, glue the leaves on the back of the gumnut to make the bee’s wings.
So so easy!
I have a few more activities that will support Miss Possum’s fascination with bees. Below are a few activities we have done and are still doing.
Learn about bees!
- Take your child to see a bee hive show. We went to Super Bee!
- Watch this cool bee video
- Take a closer look at honeycomb
- Did you know that bees are in trouble? Find out how you can help bees!
Want more nature craft? Visit the Nature Craft Pinterest board for more ideas!